Are you looking for the best desktop scanners from trusted brands on the market? Our experts researched a variety of the popular desktop scanners at all prices in the market. Check out our favorites, and read product details to get all the information you need to make the best choice!
Choosing the best desktop scanners can be challenging. With so many models on the market, how do you know which one is right for you?
This buying guide will help you find one.
Our system considers a set of factors to make the trending list, which includes:
- Product & brand value
- Features & specifications
- Durability, quality & longevity
- Consumer ratings & reviews
- Product price & warranties
- Size & materials
- Accessories & Tips for Organization
- Style & Design
We’ll discuss different types of desktop scanners and key features to look for when deciding. Let’s get started!
Best desktop scanners With Specifications
Although the “best” desktop scanners makers will always come down to a slight amount of subjectivity, we scoured the web and did our research to find the top brand producing some of the most reliable and widest range of desktop scanners in the business. If you want the easiest way to measure your product before using it, you will probably also like our list. Additionally, if you want more products to add to your collection, our list of the best desktop scanners on the market is a great place to start.
1. Brother Easy-to-Use Compact Desktop Scanner, ADS-1200, Fast Scan Speeds, Ideal for Home, Home Office or On-The-Go Professionals
- COMPACT DESIGN AND FAST SCAN SPEEDS HANDLE A VARIETY OF DOCUMENTS: Scan single and double sided, documents in a single pass at up to 25 ppm1. Dedicated card slot to scan plastic cards, plus 20 page capacity auto document feeder for quick scanning
- QUICK AND EASY SCANNING WITHOUT INSTALLING SOFTWARE: Mass Storage Device support via Scan to USB for file scanning and retrieval by opening the drive on a connected PC. Use your laptop to power the ADS 1200 when connected with a USB 3.0 cable6
- EASY TO USE AND SAVES TIME: Scan documents to preset destinations like a connected PC or USB flash drive with the push of a button
- COMPATIBLE WITH THE WAY YOU WORK: Supports multiple “Scan to” destinations: File2, OCR2, Email and USB flash memory drive3 so you can optimize for your business process
- OPTIMIZE IMAGES AND TEXT: Enhance scans with automatic color detection/adjustment, image rotation (PC only), bleed through/background removal, text enhancement, color drop. Software suite5 includes document management and OCR software
Additional Info :
2. Epson Workforce ES-400 II Color Duplex Desktop Document Scanner for PC and Mac, with Auto Document Feeder (ADF) and Image Adjustment Tools
- Get organized in a snap — scan up to 35 ppm/70 ipm (1); Single-Step Technology captures both sides in one pass
- Quickly scan stacks of paper — robust 50-sheet Auto Document Feeder easily accommodates multiple paper types and sizes in one batch
- Powerful software included — easy scanning with intuitive Epson ScanSmart Software (2); preview, email, upload to the cloud and more; automatic file naming saves time
- Seamless integration with most software solutions — the included TWAIN driver allows you to easily incorporate your data into most document management software
- Easy sharing and collaboration — email or upload to popular cloud storage services (2) such as Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive and OneDrive
- Simplified file management — create searchable PDFs with included Optical Character Recognition (OCR); convert scanned documents to editable Word and Excel files
- Intelligent color and image adjustments — auto crop, blank page skip, background removal, dirt detection and paper-skew correction with Epson Image Processing Technology
- Reliable paper feeding system — Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection helps prevent missing pages; Paper Protection helps prevent damage from staples
- Versatile scanning of everyday documents — scan extra long pages up to 240″, business/ID cards, contracts and more
- Optional flatbed dock – pair an Epson flatbed scanner for scanning photos or thicker media (3)
Additional Info :
3. Brother DS-640 Compact Mobile Document Scanner
- FAST SPEEDS – Scans color and black and white documents at blazing speed up to 16ppm. Color scanning won’t slow you down as the color scan speed is the same as the black and white scan speed
- ULTRA COMPACT – At less than 1 foot in length and only about 1.5 pounds in weight you can fit this device virtually anywhere (a bag, a purse, even a pocket)
- READY WHENEVER YOU ARE – The DS-640 mobile scanner is powered via an included micro USB 3.0 cable, allowing you to use it even where there is no outlet available. Plug it into your PC or laptop and you are ready to scan
- WORKS YOUR WAY – Use the Brother free iPrint&Scan desktop app for scanning to multiple “Scan-to” destinations like PC, network, cloud services, Email and OCR. Supports Windows, Mac and Linux and TWAIN/WIA for PC/ICA for Mac/SANE drivers
- OPTIMIZE IMAGES AND TEXT – Automatic color detection/adjustment, image rotation (PC only), bleed through prevention/background removal, text enhancement, color drop to enhance scans. Software suite includes document management and OCR software
Additional Info :
4. Epson WorkForce ES-50 Portable Sheet-Fed Document Scanner for PC and Mac
- Fastest and lightest mobile single sheet fed document scanner in its class(1) small, portable scanner ideal for easy, on the go scanning
- Fast scans a single page in as fast as 5.5 seconds(2) Windows and Mac compatible, the scanner also includes a TWAIN driver.
- Versatile paper handling scans documents upto 8.5 x 72 inches, as well as ID cards and receipts
- Smart tools to easily scan and organize documents Epson ScanSmart Software(3) makes it easy to scan, review and save
- USB powered connect to your computer; No batteries or external power supply required
- Includes Nuance OCR create searchable PDFs and editable Word and Excel files
- Scan to the cloud(4) scan files directly to online storage accounts with the included software Included Twain driver compatible with virtually any imaging software
- Compatible with Windows and Mac works with your existing system; Twain driver included
- Automatic feeding mode combine multi page scans into one file; Scanner automatically accepts each new sheet as it’s inserted
- The fastest and lightest mobile single-sheet-fed document scanner in its class1, the WorkForce ES-50 features fast speeds ― scanning a single page in as fast as 5.5 seconds2. This small, portable scanner accommodates extra-long pages, ID cards and more. Refer attached user manual below
Additional Info :
5. NeatDesk Desktop Scanner and Digital Filing System – PC (Renewed)
- Item Package Dimension: 12.49999998725L X 8.99999999082W X 8.99999999082H Inches
- Item Package Weight – 7.55 Pounds
- Item Package Quantity – 1
- Product Type – Scanner
6. Canon imageFORMULA R10 Portable Document Scanner, 2-Sided Scanning with 20 Page Feeder, Easy Setup For Home or Office, Includes Software, (4861C001)
- STAY ORGANIZED – Easily convert your paper documents into digital formats like searchable PDF files, JPEGs, and more
- CONVENIENT AND PORTABLE –lightweight and small in size, you can take the scanner anywhere from home offices, classrooms, remote offices, and anywhere in between
- HANDLES VARIOUS MEDIA TYPES – Digitize receipts, business cards, plastic or embossed cards, reports, legal documents, and more
- FAST AND EFFICIENT – No technical hurdles or complicated setups here; easily scan both sides of a document at the same time, in color or black-and-white, at up to 12 pages-per-minute, and with a 20 sheet automatic feeder
- BROAD COMPATIBILITY – Works with both Windows and Mac devices, be it laptop or computer
- BUILT-IN SOFTWARE – Use your scanner with ease as the powerful scanning software is already built-in, requires no installation, and updates automatically
- PREVIEW YOUR SCANS – Adjust and organize your scanned files as you edit, straighten, and trim your files or create buttons with custom scanning settings and destinations
- HIGH-QUALITY IMAGING – Leveraging the same technology used in Canon’s camera products, you’ll save great-looking output in color, black-and-white, or grayscale
- SUSTAINABLE DESIGN – Save energy and the environment with a scanner that meets ENERGY STAR guidelines
- This product is not intended for scanning photographs on photo paper / photographic media
Additional Info :
7. Brother Wireless High-Speed Desktop Document Scanner, ADS-2700W, Touchscreen LCD, Duplex Scanning
- VERSATILE CONNECTIVITY: The Brother Wireless desktop color scanner permits users to connect via Ethernet, wireless, or high speed USB 2.0
- 2. 8″ COLOR TOUCHSCREEN: The LCD display offers one touch scanning to preset destinations and device settings to expedite scanning functions. Wireless network security is up 64/128 bit, WPA/psk (tkip/aes) and wpa2 psk aes
- IMAGE OPTIMIZATION FEATURES: This desktop document scanner includes multi feed detection, background removal, blank page removal, and more
- MULTIPLE DRIVER SUPPORT: The Brother ADS2700W desktop color scanner support Windows, Mac, and Linux along with TWAIN, WIA for PC, ICA for Mac, and SANE (1)
- SECURE: The ADS 2700W ensures secure scanner access using individual and specific scanning functions including SSL, TLS, SFTP, and Settings Lock.. Daily Duty Cycle:3000
Additional Info :
8. Epson Workforce ES-580W Wireless Color Duplex Desktop Document Scanner for PC and Mac with 100-sheet Auto Document Feeder (ADF) and Intuitive 4.3″ Touchscreen
- Easy wireless scanning — large 4.3″ touchscreen and wireless connectivity allow you to easily scan to smartphones, tablets, computers and online cloud storage accounts (1) from your desktop, scanner LCD or Epson Smart Panel mobile app (3)
- Quickly scan stacks of paper — robust 100-sheet Auto Document Feeder easily accommodates multiple paper types and sizes in one batch
- Easy sharing and collaboration — save directly to a USB drive; email or upload to popular cloud storage services (1) such as Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive and OneDrive; no computer required
- Get organized in a snap — scan up to 35 ppm/70 ipm (2); Single-Step Technology captures both sides in one pass
- Simplified file management — create searchable PDFs with Optical Character Recognition (OCR); convert scanned documents to editable Word and Excel files
- Powerful software included — easy scanning with intuitive Epson ScanSmart Software (1); preview, email, upload to cloud and more; automatic file naming saves time
- Seamless integration with most software solutions — the included TWAIN driver allows for easy connection to most document management software
- Intelligent color and image adjustments — auto crop, blank page deletion, background removal, dirt detection and paper-skew correction with Epson Image Processing Technology
- Reliable paper feeding system — Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection prevents missing pages; Paper Protection prevents damage from staples
- Versatile scanning of everyday documents — scan extra-long pages up to 240″, business/ID cards and more
Additional Info :
9. Brother High-Speed Desktop Document Scanner, ADS-2200, Multiple Scan Destinations, Duplex Scanning
- Two-sided scanning: The Brother Image center high-speed desktop document scanner can scan single or two-sided documents in a single pass at up 35 ppm(1).
- 50-sheet-capacity auto document feeder: Scan large-volume jobs with the ASD2200 automatic document feed with page-continuous scanning.
- Multiple scan destinations: Scan quickly and submit to multiple destinations, including email, OCR, file, image, and USB flash memory drive(2).
- Image-optimization features: This desktop document scanner includes multi-feed detection, background removal, blank page removal, and more.
- Multiple driver support: The Brother ADS-2200 Desktop color scanner supports Windows, Mac, and Linux, along with TWAIN, WIA for PC, ICA for Mac, and SANE(3).
Additional Info :
10. Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1600 Versatile Cloud Enabled Document Scanner for Mac or PC, Black
- Optimized user experience: ScanSnap iX1600 features an intuitive 4.3inch touch screen for complete end to end scanning and data utilization
- Customize your preference: The scanner supports up to 30 customizable profiles; Customize the profile on the touch screen based on your scanning needs and personalize scanning icons using color, icons or letters
- Scan anywhere you want whenever you want: Wi-Fi compatibility allows you to directly connect to your smart devices or cloud services without a PC, and allows for flexible placement wherever its convenient
- Ideal for team sharing: One scanner supports up to 4 user licenses each allowing user profile and icon customizations
- Preserve Photo Memories: Scan 4″ x 6″ photos in under a second with intelligent features such as auto facial orientation and red-eye reduction
Additional Info :
1. Is the best desktop scanners right for your needs?
The question that you have to ask yourself before buying any of the best desktop scanners is whether or not they will suit your needs. Besides, you must clearly define what your needs and purposes are. From there, you can choose the best product and serve it according to your requirements.
2. How many competitors does it have?
Many different factors go into answering this question. The number of competitors can vary greatly depending on the best desktop scanners you are dealing with and the scope of your business model. Knowing how these factors can affect your market share is important when deciding whether or not you should enter a new market.
3. Can I buy something similar cheaper elsewhere?
One of the most common questions that a lot of customers ask is, “Can I buy something similar cheaper elsewhere?” The short answer is no. When you are looking for a quality desktop scanners, the most important thing to know is that cheap is not always better. You should carefully research the best desktop scanners before buying and consult the prices on some online sales websites to make the best decision.
4. What is the return policy?
Return policy is the most important thing to consider regarding the best desktop scanners from a manufacturer. If you’re unsatisfied or something goes wrong with your purchase, you’ll want to know that you have some way to go about it. Additionally, we’ve compiled a list of highly reputable brands based on their return policies and customer service to help people find and choose the best desktop scanners.
Best desktop scanners Buying Guide
There are many different qualities of materials, but it isn’t easy to pinpoint a single specific quality that defines high-quality. Most people will agree that high-quality materials have a long lifetime and don’t rust or break easily, for example, stainless steel. Expensive pieces tend to be more durable because the lower-priced options often use cheaper, less durable materials to cut costs.
In some cases, the more expensive alternative may not necessarily be higher quality than a less expensive option, so compare prices and research before making any purchases. It’s best to go with what you can afford while still getting a high-quality product.
Easier to clean and use
Everyone loves a good product that will last longer without breaking or needing maintenance to keep it running smoothly! We all have busy lives, so it’s best to buy something that will save you time on daily tasks instead of wasting hours weekly.
This best desktop scanners is easy to maintain because of its simple design, making it very easy to clean! You can wash your best item in about 10 seconds or less! And best of all, if you do run into any trouble with your product, you can take advantage of the product’s warranty and get it replaced for free.
The durability of the best desktop scanners is one of the essential things to consider while making a purchase. The best item will last longer and provide better value for your money. People always want the best for themselves, including the best desktop scanners. Many people are not sure if they should spend money on them. If you can choose between two types of something, one has better quality than another.
People do not want to spend more money buying a good product, so they review sites before purchasing items. Therefore, you can learn what others think of confident best desktop scanners available before deciding if it’s worth spending your hard-earned cash on them or not. Review sites give customers information about the best items. Therefore, when shopping, you should choose the best desktop scanners available with high durability to avoid wasting money.
If you are looking for the best desktop scanners available, don’t be fooled by what the manufacturer announces. When it comes to the best quality products, some of your favorite brands might not even make it.
The best products are often not as advertised because the better the item, the lower the returns on investment for selling it. Advertising costs outweigh what can be made a good enough quality sale to be worth spending money on.
The culture has also desensitized consumers to marketing schemes, so you won’t see many people getting fooled by fancy ads anymore-especially not on social media. Some of these lower-quality products offer lower prices than more reputable ones without compromising quality, but if they’re, why look at price first before any other reason!
Avoid common mistakes
It’s not unusual to make mistakes when using a product, especially the first time. If you have color-blindness or not, you must pay close attention to the color descriptions and be sure you understand them before purchasing anything.
You have to read all reviews from customers. Even the small things about it are an invaluable resource for making the best decision when shopping for new products that will improve your life. So don’t forget to read reviews on the best items before purchasing them.
This way, you can get more information about what people think of the confident the best desktop scanners available, rather than just reading about it on their package or website. Anything of sale does not always give the best idea of what the customer thinks.
Yes, these desktop scannerss have very similar appearances, and the features are largely the same. That said, there are differences in performance, design, and how well they work when the rubber meets the road. This side-by-side comparison will help you navigate the differences and identify the desktop scanners best suits your needs.